View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Murphy View Post
No traffic flow? Torbay Road is one of the busiest roads in the City. And Hebron Way will soon be joined up with Majors Path, which should increase traffic.

What about all the new office buildings open down there? There are easily hundreds of people going to be working down there. Should be great for lunch time sales. Most times I go to Pita Pit down there it's lined up out the door.

No hotels? There are 4 in approximately 2 km radius. And I'm pretty sure the 2 new ones by the hotel don't have restaurants. These would be the closest restaurants to the airport.

It is extremely hard for Food based businesses to survive based on one time of the day being busy ( Ie Lunch ). They need a constant flow of customers all day long, Breakfast, lunch , dinner and late night.
Although there are plenty of business class people working in this immediate area, 99% of them are gone by 5 oclock everyday -- and then there is nothing left in the area to draw in the nighttime customers . This is where the theatre would have helped.

As far as the Hotels go, they need to be on your doorstep, to see an immediate impact for the Restaurant industry.

Just my views, I guess time ( as always ) will tell.