View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 7:42 PM
Kev K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I really don't like the northern Midtown area either....it's rather boring north of say...12th street. I really like the Midtown area between 5th and 10th however. Seems there are always people out in that part of Midtown.
Census District 11 (10th to 14th / Highway to PP) has 4 towers UC currently (Yoo otP, Hannover on W Peachtree, Post Midtown, Alta otP, I guess Azure is finished already) and 8 active-ish proposals(SLS Hotel, Tiny Condo on 12th, Tiny Condo on 14th, 195 13th, Dewberry Hotel @ 14th, Dewbery Apts at 14th&Juniper, Yoo on Peachtree, Opus Place phase I & II, Dual-branded hotel on 14th).

If they are all completed (unlikely, but whateva), the population density would be ~54,000 ppsm. In 2010, the density was 19,971 ppsm.

Colony Square and its 190,000 sq ft of re-imagined retail would be the new "center" of north-Midtown along with 200,000 sq ft of newly built retail (including a flagship Whole Foods) among recently completed (since '12), UC, and proposed projects. If Dewberry did their 2-story retail wrapping Campanile, the foot-traffic and street-presence would be incredible.

There would still be a gap between N Midtown and S Midtown due to the Federal reserve and Dew-nothing's land at 10th st but between the Park and the Club district there is a lot of foot traffic, its just not isolated to Peachtree.