View Single Post
Old Posted May 5, 2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCguys View Post
I just read that the Justice Centre project could have shovels in the ground this summer if all goes well. Have a design/renderings been shared with the public thus far?
Haven't been following the new Justice Centre project. But yes, the site appears ready to start building on so it should start happening this summer. Downtown is so dead, especially now with COVID. Westerner Park is, apparently, in financial ruin according to the city. Economy is trashed. City feels like it's dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmsma View Post
I was curious about was the possibility that Guzzo Cinemas would be expanding to Red Deer. Here are two articles - the first from 2018, the other from November of 2019 - referencing these expansion plans:

From the Globe and Mail
And from a Canadian marketing magazine called Strategy

Has anyone heard anything about this expansion? It would be nice to have more choice than Galaxy Cinemas and Carnival!
I don't see this happening for a long time, if at all. I'd be the first to welcome a new theater in town, but I don't see how this one works out. Would certainly be nice tho. I do enjoy going to Galaxy tho.

Edit: you reminded me to send an email to Cineplex regarding AVX auditorium expansion.
Are going insane.

Last edited by the.tru.albertan; May 5, 2020 at 11:05 PM.