View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2019, 6:06 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
I was in the area north of downtown and passed by The Towers on Park Lane (1 Towers Parks Ln., San Antonio, Texas 78209), and got to thinking; is this building really the same height as the new Frost Tower?
I had emailed them years ago (like 15 years ago) asking for the height, and they told me 368 feet, but I really don't believe that height. I was up in the Tower of the Americas last weekend (taking photos, Jack), and I had a good view of both The Broadway San Antonio and the Towers on Park Lane. I was also told that the height of The Broadway is 279 feet. Those two buildings seem to be very close in height when viewed from afar. I've only ever been able to measure The Towers on Park Lane as 278 feet tall with Google Earth.

Also, there's no way a 22-story residential building could be 368 feet tall. The Broadway, for example, is 20 floors and 279 feet. 2 floors more would not be that much of a gain. Newer buildings now are also trending taller with relatively the same amount of floors as older buildings with the same number of floors. There's a lot more technology (cables) going into them now than there used to be thanks to the internet.