View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
That's an interesting comment. Lord knows I have ragged on the head coach this season but I give him full credit for a great job through the playoffs so far. I mean, the Riders are a good team... who was expecting some kind of cakewalk victory? I sure wasn't. 335 yards of offense was more than respectable for the Bombers.

And as for the slams on Dickenson... I'd consider that to be blowing off postgame steam because that guy performed way above preseason expectations. I don't remember anyone predicting a first place finish for the Riders. He did a great job too IMO, particularly when faced with the loss of his starting QB in week 1.
I've given up posting on the Main Forum on Riderfans and rarely read the comments, especially after a loss. I used to visit all the other fan sites but that has decreased to nil as well. Its just not worth the effort to read the mainly unhinged comments to get to the one or two insightful ones.

I watched the two games in my local pub in Ottawa. While the main focus was on the NFL games being shown. Everybody there knew the CFL playoffs were on and most reacted to the great plays in the game. That catch by Moore got a big reaction by everyone in the bar.

My old self of 10 years ago would have been severely bothered by yesterday's result. But 5 min after the game I was looking forward to how much fun the match up between the Bombers and TiCats will be!