View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 14, 2016, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denizen467 View Post
In other news about the neighborhoods -- signs of gentrification finally revving up in Edgewater and Rogers Park. They seem oddly overlooked so far; this time there may be extra traction as Red Line reconstruction phases get completed. The block or two around the Loyola station is already a good initial step.

www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-rogers-park-apartment-sale-1213-biz-20161212-story.html
In my experience, Edgewater already has a better reputation than Uptown. There's also more places to eat, drink, and get groceries. I wouldn't be surprised if Edgewater ends up leapfrogging Uptown.

As for the corner of Rogers Park and Edgewater surrounding Loyola, a lot of businesses have come in just within the last few years since I graduated that are primarily catering to the students. There's certainly far more now than there was when I graduated. A lot of the neighbors hate what Loyola has done over the years, but many of the positive results in the area seem to be due to the university and the desire to cater to many of the students. I recently heard about a Target going in near the Morgan and the retirement center as well.