View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 7, 2007, 8:08 PM

(For some reason I cant edit my posts from firefox)

I also forgot to call bullsh*t on TJ Connely's claim that it would mess with river traffic. The site sits about two block downstream from the damn that keeps water in the river bend and horseshoe sections of the riverwalk. It's about a 20 foot drop, so there wouldn't be any boat traffic in that section of the river anyhow. There's another dam about a quarter mile downstream (behind Blue-Star) where the river leaves the channel and returns to the more creek-like environment. I've never seen boats in that stretch of the river and it wouldnt be profitable to have them there anyhow. So TJ is using emotion to get people on his side. Sleazy, but effective. How many people know where that dam is and that there isnt any river traffic on that section now anyway? Probably about 15.
"We marched five leagues over a fine country with broad plains, the most beautiful in all of New Spain. We camped on the banks of an arroyo. This I called San Antonio de Padua, because we reached it on the day of his festival." - General Domingo Teran de los Rios, June 13, 1691, in a letter to the King of Spain on the occasion of the founding of San Antonio.