View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 8:55 PM

Las Vegas BLVD. needs subterranean HRT along with an extended monorail system even if it is redundant. Both of these lines should extended from the airport to DTLV and tie into a new transit hub connecting a citywide LRT network along with a return of the Desert Wind line. If Virgin pulls off their ambitions, which I am skeptical of, than that should tie into DTLV as well. Seems like the ball is being dropped here.

I-15 in meantime needs to the six lane treatment as a minimum between Barstow and Primm. Even 8 lanes wouldn't be a bad idea maintaining the 8th lane as a truck lane. That and Amtrak bringing back the Desert Wind are projects if started within the next couple years could achieved in under 6 years or so giving a real potential for Las Vegas to build intercity rail.

DTLV is seeing increased investment. I wish it would become a dense hub of skyscrapers. Locations close to Fremont St. would be ideal for a transit hub with a huge parking lot by the World Market being ideal for a large mixed-use development with 50 story towers and a massive rail transit hub. I-515 is getting time for a rebuild and hopefully expansion of about 2-3 additional lanes in each direction. That makes it a good candidate for I-11 signing and incorporating alternate modes of transit for a Las Vegas to Phoenix HSR line down the road. ROW would be preserved for this endeavor which is decades down the line.