View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 1:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
I absolutely love Matt Allard. I think he's the best councillor ever in my life (28 years) and think he would be an incredible mayor. He's progressive and vision, yet still understanding and realistic. He doesn't let his or his (loud) constituents emotions or personal (often uneducated) beliefs cloud facts, proof, or judgement. I commend him for standing up against other councillors and they mayor – but doing it with facts and figures, and never political grandstanding.

He is the model politician and I'm so happy to live in his ward. I would love him to be mayor, but would be afraid to lose him altogether if the NIMBY crowd representative won.
What a guy that Allard, a proponent of destroying the look of older neighbourhoods by turning 50 foot lots into two 25 foot lots with the pretence of infill housing and gentrification but only in neighbourhoods where a quick buck can be made because the value of existing homes is high enough, aesthetics and original site plans be damned, and no one wants to live in certain older areas where infill is really needed so why bother right Matt!

Of course splitting a 153 foot lot into two lots of 76 and 77 should never be allowed even when the norm for that area is 75 according to our city council! Certain posters here will stay mum on that decision of course because well, we all know why anyway!

Last edited by rrskylar; Jul 10, 2019 at 2:01 PM.