View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 2:09 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester united View Post
1646 feet and only 83 floors?
Yes.

As mentioned, next month will hold the community board meeting (Dec 5) and the public scoping meeting (Dec 21), as the stage for ULURP is being set.

If there is any wrangling over the project, it won't be about the height, (there is no limit), but down below where the real action is. I like the solution of the elevated plaza - it allows for the continuation of the street wall and Grand Central entrances. And like Vanderbilt, it opens up the area a little to make Grand Central more visible. It may be too soon, but I really would like to see some images of all the ground level improvements, access to and through the terminal, and outdoor terraces. The improvements to the subway stations are great, and necessary, but I don't expect to be blown away by them.

As for the design of the tower itself, the form seems like it was inspired by the crown of the Chrysler. But it can't be just all glass, it's a massive building. SOM also designed the CTF Finance Center, which also reminds me a little of the design here. This tower also needs to have some nice lighting, especially for the crown.

https://www.skyscrapercenter.com/bui...nce-centre/310

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.