Thread: Regina Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2019, 7:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I think she is not shopping at stores because they are supporting policies that destroy our economy. They appear to have no regard for the thousands of people, including government workers (taxes and royalties) and Evraz steel workers who rely on the pipeline and oil and gas industries. If you have a connection to someone whose job relies on these industries or if receive government support funded by oil and gas revenues, I can understand why you would not support this company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
It is far more immoral to destroy our economy and government revenues with the resulting harm to regular citizens - especially the poor and low skilled who can't afford Teslas and solar panels or get jobs in IT. Yes we should do more to cut emissions, but destroying our most productive and highly taxed industries will only mean that oil and gas is supplied by producers in the U.S. and OPEC instead of by Canadian oil and gas.

This is a retail thread so I will not be replying further on this.
You have proven more than once that you do not want to discuss climate change in good faith and/or have a poor understanding of the significance of it so I would agree that you should not be replying further to this.

Keep in mind I personally am not against pipelines to support current oil production output in a safe and efficient manner. It is possible to both want to support our economy and our environment, as well as supporting companies that want to see oil production significantly reduced. This "you're either with us or against us" mentality that many have in this province is idiotic.

Last edited by djforsberg; Oct 4, 2019 at 10:30 PM.