View Single Post
Old Posted May 13, 2009, 10:14 PM
I'm the bear on the right

I've always believed that a North-Central LRT route must use Centre Street for the majority of its route. Ending the SE Line at Eau Claire makes a connection to a N-C LRT a no-brainer. I don't believe that 200 homes/businesses would be required for a cut-and-cover/TBM route though. A "Canada Line"-type of construction could be better suited than our conventional at-grade LRT construction that does consume a lot of property. I've also dumped a formal connection to the Airport. As much as you guys and myself would love an Airport LRT connection, I don't see it happening, even in the 15-20 year future. I've left it open though.

OK folks there are some large maps, so here it goes:

Line starts at the proposed end of the SE Line at Eau Claire. Running from there under the Bow River and beneath the ridge. I believe this run would be completed by a TBM. Soil conditions would probably be less than ideal, but Edmonton did it, why can't we? I placed a station (Crescent Heights) between 10th and 11th Avenues in proximity to Crescent Heights HS. If more depth for the tunnel is required, this station could be eliminated. The TBM run would continue to approximately 18th Avenue. A station (16th Avenue North) would be built between 16th and 18th Avenue. From this point, the line would be constructed by the cut-and-cover method.

28th Avenue North : Between 26th and 28th Avenues.

40th Avenue North : Between 38th and 40th Avenues.

McKnight West: Between McKnight Blvd and Thorncrest Rd NE.

64th Avenue North : South of 64th Avenue.

Beddington: South of Beddington Blvd.

Line emerges from tunnel north of Beddington Trail at Harvest Hills Blvd. Continues at-grade. An underground "Wye" could be constructed where the current alignment exists in the Aurora Business Park to connect to the Airport and HSR station.

Harvest Hills (Station Location Approved): North of 96th Avenue NE.

-Tunnel under Country Hills Blvd.

Coventry (Station Location Approved): Between Country Village Way and Country Village Rd NE.

Line continues northward over Stoney Trail to terminate at 150th Avenue North.

Let the discussion continue.