View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 12, 2019, 6:21 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxsg34 View Post
The Lloyd parking lot redevelopment by the theater is cancelled...

via PortlandMaps:

This only adds to my speculation that Lloyd might be considering the ballpark, but could mean anything. Either way, what a cluster.
This is my suspicion as well, if PBP has been talking to them about the Lloyd Center as a possible location, the PBP wouldn't want any new projects to be going up on a site they would want to redevelop around a baseball stadium.

I personally really hope this happens because a baseball stadium would work in the Lloyd District and Terminal 2 would make a better urban housing expansion that could easily be a dense mixed income development. Plus it would be easy to expand the streetcar to this area rather than the light rail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPO View Post
I am still hopeful for this land. It’s crying for good mid to high rise mixed use development.
Keep in mind, the size of a MLB stadium is about half the size of the site that the Lloyd Center sits on, so the other half of the site would be prime for a commercial center and housing development that could easily lead to being a number of high rises and lots of mixed use developments.