View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 5:39 PM

The privatized liquor stores are 100 times better than the old government run ones, in so many ways. I would never, ever want liquor retail to go back to the government.

I'm indifferent about the vehicle registries. Generally speaking the line-ups are less, and there are more locations, but outside of that not much difference.

Re: road tests. Yes, much better with government testing. Either they were failing people to make them take it again, or they were taking bribes and passing people who had no clue how to drive. Just look at some of the unbelievably bad drivers in Alberta and you just know they bribed their way into a license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPAR View Post
Huh? While I certainly am glad that Alberta privatized liquor sales, given the added convenience of multiple shops, the government run stores were hardly a disappointment. I don’t recall ever waiting that long at the cash.
As for registries, I find them a bit sketch. Was very glad when the government stepped in to take over road exams after watching my son and everyone of his friends systematically fail their first road test, have to pay for a second one, and then all pass...