View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 11, 2007, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schertz1 View Post
TRAE, like I said I , I grew up in North Carolina and visit there at least once a year. I can guarantee you that lends a greater degree of credibility to my observations. They are from personal experience not from setting in front of a computer in Houston.

Can you even add, the 2005 estimates clearly state San Antonio and Austin have a combined metro of 3,342,326? It is now 2007 and there is over 3.5 million in this area.

The Valley and Corpus Christi are most defiantly in the San Antonio region as far as football is concerned. CC is less than 130 miles and the valley is not much further. Is it so hard to believe people will drive two hours to attend NFL games?

When it comes to disposable income, I am unclear how you are defining it? I was taught it was income after expenses and savings. Clearly, if you make more money in the unnamed towns you speak of, chances are, you are spending more on things such as housing and gas. San Antonio is known for having some of the best values in the Country on both of these among others. So a greater income does not equal more disposable income. Sorry.
I can add, and the 2005 estimate came out to 3,342,326.

Once I thought about it, the Valley and Corpus Christi don't seem too far away. People travel to Houston from New Orleans to go to Astros games. And on the Houston Texans board, there are many people from the Valley that come to games, some with season tickets.