View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole world11 View Post
Instead of European routes, i think a good "tester route" to see if we even have a sizable international market (other than mexico) would be to bring an air canada flight to Toronto. We can see how well its utilized and how many people originate from international countries since Toronto is a major international hub. If cities like Kansas City and Indy can support a Toronto flight, we should be able to as well. just my 2 cents.
The Brookings Institution already did that type of study about two years ago and you can see the results at the link below. There just isn't enough passenger demand to justify the service.

When you look at the numbers with Mexico, which is geographically closer, you can see why they've increased that service so much in the last few years.

I'm not sure what the industry standard really is, but the data seems to suggest you need about 25,000-35,000 passengers per year to begin to justify those longer routes. London was starting to get into that range, so maybe we can hope for seasonal service as a starter? Can anybody with more airline experience chime in?

You can change the metro by clicking on the blue text above the globe:
http://www.brookings.edu/research/interactives/aviation

Last edited by WorldTexas; Oct 6, 2014 at 6:46 PM.