View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 12:02 AM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless 1 View Post
I believe Jack was trying to draw your attention to the part where he says things not at the Pearl. As good as the Pearl is, it doesn't have everything.

IOW, some niche retail, or a beer box, something could be there.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
I doubt SV would want any of those things at their development. They are developing that area with a very specific vision in mind. Those things/amenities Jack is talking about can and should go in at Broadway or other Tobin Hill developments not associated with SV/The Pearl.
Oy. SV can choose to whom they want to lease their retail spaces. But if they don't have any at all in these buildings (which are not in the Pearl), the people living in those buildings will have to walk several blocks to access what is at the Pearl. That will surely result in a higher percentage of them saying, "F--- it" and hopping in their car to go do their non-luxury retails thingies somewhere else. Picking up a gallon of milk or eating a 2-star every day dinner for example. People with a lot of money don't spend it all the time. That's one of the reasons they have a lot of money. Visit New York sometime and walk around. You'll see what I mean about all the things I'm saying. If you've been there already, then you already know what I mean.