View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 7:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbeiter View Post
You are so off-base, it's not even funny. One of the things I do, almost ad infinitum, on Austin threads is constantly criticize the sprawl and lack of progressive development. I give Austin a harder time than San Antonio, but Austin wears its "liberal" credentials on its sleeve. I completely agree that the cities are similar in many aspects, but in key areas, Austin is quite ahead of SA. it's just the truth. When you get the level of infill, high-rises being built, and at least a small commuter rail system, then you'll be in the same league. If you really liked your hometown, you'd give it a harder time, instead of being a hollow booster. Kevin will tell you, I am probably one of Austin's biggest critics on here, but I doubt he could come up with something I said that was just plain wrong.

You might think I am a troll, but I am always basing whatever I say on very specific goals and ideals that I hold to be important for myself.
Your off the wall, San Antonio is on the progressive track just like Austin.San Antonio's downtown is at a higher level overall.There is more retail, more business, and more people living downtown.More to do, which is not just for tourist.The Riverwalk expansion,River North, 25,000 residents projected, is going to put San Antonio's downtown top notch.San Antonio-Austin intermunicipal commuter rail district is underway.San Antonio is no different as far as planning new future transportation infrastructure.The highest paid city manager in the country,from Phoenix, now San Antonio's, i'm sure has new idea's to make San Antonio a top notch city.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Last edited by Paul in S.A TX; Oct 11, 2007 at 7:33 PM.