View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 9, 2007, 1:25 AM

when there are requests for zoning such as MF50 it of course means that they are aloud to build 50 units per acre. now as with that comes the definition of townhome community, condominium, highrise condominium, etc., and what gets me going it that the legacy currently proposes only building 3 floor condos.... which we all are quite aware that 3 floors is by no means a highrise.

what i have gathered from this zoning request, and i repeat "gathered' (my personal oppinion), is that they are trying to get approval for some towers and the 3 floor condos are just a facade not to scare people who fear highrises on the outside of 1604.

now i know that there are plans for hotel talavera (condo as well) at the rim, but those are just plans for now... and they are still trying to get that shit rezoned for that kind of use, i bet you santikos is following their lead with their own tower (maybe not a hotel... there is the marriott courtyard in legacy being built right now... 4 floors and 3 are finished already) because they are trying to create that urban feel, and that location 1604/281 is gonna be like the galleria in houston in 10+ years.... watch!

give me feedback yall on what i have said, i am curious to see if anyone else can see my vision.

matt
you can email me at matttwentyeight@yahoo.com or at matt.williams1@ERA.com