View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 4:53 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
Yeah, this summer I spent a lot of time at the beaches on Long Island. The drive out would vary from 40 minutes to over 2 hours, and most of the traffic bottlenecks were within NYC itself. The drive back into the city was a little more consistent, usually around 1-1.5 hours.

I've had many horrendous, hours long experiences waiting to cross the GWB into NY, though. But I'm more likely to be driving into the city on a Sunday night when there are a lot of people trying to get home.
Which really makes we wonder how the city is going to alleviate this traffic and congenstion issue in the future.

The city is getting denser, and I guess while we are on the topic of dense, a lot of our cities are at the point where the roads can't handle the volume, point-blank.

Places like LA, NYC, and even D.C. based on my latest visit. Its just insanity and I don't see it getting better. Like take the Cross-Bronx for example, the way its designed, with constant merges and elevated walls on both sides. How does one fix that mess? Its a nightmare.

I do hope on the GWB they get rid of the toll booths and do something like EZ-Pass only or instead of cash, toll-by-mail. The tolls are such a bottle neck. Not just entering the GWB, but on the NJ side where the Turnpike divides where one section leads to the Holland, the other Lincoln/GWB.

They really need to speed up the rate of completion for these road projects. They take way to long, literally years, and some of the things going on have not helped. The completion of the Koscuiuszko Bridge yielded nothing positive. Its still a terrible section. They also need to revamp the city traffic light timing. Some of those lights, especially the ones that are near the exit lanes are too short in timing. It causes nothing but delays and backups.