View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
the 2 times i took the bus to north end canarama- eastview....took 50 minutes. which took way too long for a usual 15 minute drive. I can ride my bike using our trail system and get that distance in the same amount of time without the waiting period. ill take the bike ride anyway, its more fun anyways.

so for me, the issue is standing there and waiting. i think thats the same for everyone else too? will the BRT change that mindset much ? i know not for me.....

I was talking to my sisters bf over easter, we both came to a conclusion that if we were to make a switch in transit areas, and get people onto something different, something would have to stop us dead in our tracks in to make a good portion of us use an alternative transit solution.

speaking of biking, if people actually knew how easy and quick it was to bike around, i think they would use that option as well. we have an excellent trail system thats fun to ride too!
Something else to think about is that a lot more areas of Saskatoon now aren't safe to be out alone particularly at night and not just West side, I know of people that have been robbed & beat up on East side. University students and people along Broadway, 8th street & Central Ave aren't safe anymore. There's nothing police can do about the spread of these crimes, but it makes more sense safety-wise to simply try not to be a statistic and drive where possible.