View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2016, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
im sure it will. but that little one might take a few years to decide. i know toronto/regina shoppers drug marts have some pilot stores going into grocery/produce/deli etc. ( regina guys, speak for me please ) but if thats the case, id like to see Canarama shoppers beside me be reno'd.

with that being said...i was notified that until sobeys took target lawson, i possibly would close, but now thats off that list. ( which i think its a lie, just prolonged to see how it affects us, then that call will be made ) Canarama EF needs more work than any other loblaw store in the province. if any of you guys are customers here, my equip is always broken down , roof leaking, etc, and no help to fix it on our end. so ive been hurting for a while.

whats your thoughts on this ? im curious
I'd always thought that Loblaws was keeping the EF in Canarama simply to keep the other grocery chains out of there. I don't really see that the switch to Sobey's from Safeway in Lawson would impact that. If Loblaws was to leave Canarama, I could certainly see Co-op looking at that space, as they don't have any grocery stores near there.

Agreed that the Canarama EF is pretty tired. It wouldn't shock me to see a new tenant simply knock it down and build new to suit their prototype layout if they were to take over that space.