View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 3:10 PM

Paul -

You posted the title "San Antonio: New large scale downtown planned for Cibolo", and I responded with my opinion that the development described in your post wouldn't work. I don't think that commenting directly to your post is "turning it into nonsense".

It seems like you wanted to post this story, and didn't want commentary or inspection. But that's sometimes what happens on internet forums (and in real life) - people disagree. And I don't think having alternative positions expressed and articulated diminish the value of your post or this forum in general.

"If someone wants to live in a high end area or if they want affluent surroundings, Cibolo isn't for them."

We're in complete agreement. But I argued in my previous point that the plan (as shown) will only work if the development is "high end". Hence the "pure fantasy" comment.

Lastly, urbanism/urban planning issues and real estate economics are interdependent. You can't talk about one without talking about the other.

Again, I appreciate very much your thoughts and efforts regarding these issues - we can disagree civily!

Chad (a.k.a. "Bud").