View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 1:01 AM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishingnut View Post
Ok, so why wasn't the thread created sometime in the last 7 or more years? Why wasn't there a thread for the IOL Headquarters project?
Because we're just now beginning to adhere to these rules. We have a bit more traffic now than we did when I first joined, for example. It's simply about trying to keep things neat and tidy. This thread for this development, another for another development. The main Saint John thread can still be used for discussion, rumours, and smaller projects, but often I found that the thread would get bogged down in some sort of different discussion and, personally, having to dig back through dozens of pages is more cumbersome than going back to the main Atlantic Canada forum and finding the thread for a development you may be looking for. Honestly I can't see there being any more than one or two Saint John development threads at any given time given the slow market that we have.

With the next project/development there will be another thread. We could have had one for HarbourFront Condos, for example.

Quote:
Unless I'm missing something, all that has been announced is (surprise surprise) a delay in announcing the project. A new thread could have been created multiple times for this project, this just seems an odd time to launch into a new thread when there is no developer, no plan, and no timeline.
There was no announcement for a delay, just that the site may be contaminated. It's been delayed in the past.

There is now work being done on site to look into a possible contamination of the site which is the closest thing to progress we've seen in those seven years. Now that the thread has been created we can just bump it back if development stalls and there's no news on anything. No need to create the same thread over and over again.

The city has been promising a developer, a plan, and a timeline, and I can assure you i'm not the only one that buys into their promises in regards to this site. It's a prime piece of land in the city and more than deserves it's own separate topic based on the possibilities and/or scale of the project at hand.

Quote:
For what it's worth, I also think this thread should be closed down and merged back with the normal Saint John thread.
Thanks for your input.