View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 9:32 PM

Yeah now that the city has some momentum and the incentives, we really need to start enforcing more street-level retail and more affordable units.

I also believe that the city needs to increase funding for SAHA for affordable units in these urban neighborhoods. SA isn't the wealthiest city, and many recent graduates who would love to live within the urban core are priced out. I can imagine the hiding demand that is pent up.

And I really hope we start to discuss urban development that reflects our distinct cultural and historical influences. I host many travelers passing through SA, and the most frequent comments about their views of SA always reflect on how surprised they were to find SA to be so different from their preconceived notions. It is easy to preserve a building, but again we need to not simply preserve the past; but we need to continue on and expand upon the qualities that make our past worth preserving.

I'm writing a new article, but I haven't pinned the tail on the direction I want to go.