View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 5, 2016, 10:09 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Pretty exciting however I'm starting to wonder how many more hotels are we going to see built? The X Games are leaving and there's still uncertainty about the future of F1 at COTA. With one major sporting event gone after this year and another in jepardy, even with our normal events and festivals, will all these hotels be able to fill throughout the year?

I'm sure there will be new things coming and with the city continuing to grow so too will it's status as a tourist destination.

Maybe there is something in the works that we have yet to know anything about in terms of bringing a large influx of visitors besides what we currently have but think about it. We are still seeing some quite significant hotel projects in the works including that possible second hotel on Red River between 3rd and 4th that "could" be in the 50 story range. There's the hotel proposed for the Brick Oven site, who knows if ZaZa is going to get built but if it does will be another addition not to mention Austin Proper or that possible 6th & Nueces and those are only the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

At some point you would think there will be a pause of new hotels unless something else really big is on the horizon.