View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 12, 2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by park123 View Post
The last time I visited was a few years ago. I take an interest in Indian stuff and notice if I see Indian shops and commercial areas.

Again, it's not that there are no Indians in LA. It's just that there are a lot fewer than in NY and the Bay Area.

The only significant retail area that I'm aware of is Pioneer Blvd in Artesia. That's actually a pretty impressive Indian street, to the point where I wonder how they can even maintain it with a small South Asian population. But outside of Pioneer Blvd I haven't seen anything other than a random shop here or there. And I didn't see a lot of South Asians compared to other groups. In fact very few.

Contrast that with the South Bay (in the Bay Area) where Indians are one of the main population groups, or with NY and NJ where they rival East Asians in numbers.
LA's S. Asian community is fairly small for a major metropolitan area and also seems to be very spread out rather than concentrated in one area other than Artesia. Even San Diego seems to have larger community. There are some very small S. Asian communities around Warner Center in the Valley and along Venice blvd. near Culver City.

Could be that LA isn't that significant of a tech hub.

Perhaps LA might in the future.