View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
So they're taking 150,000 square feet in Plaza Saltillo and took 300,000 square feet in 500 West Second. I know the number for the Block 185 tower was close to 800,000. Wouldn't that make them the largest commercial tenant in downtown then with around 1.2 million square feet? That should also make them the largest commercial employer in downtown with around 6,500 workers.
I don't know about employee counts, but as for leased/owned space, our top 10 largest tech companies in Austin are as follows:

Samsung 3.06 Million sf
Dell 1.68 Million sf
Apple 1.51 Million sf (will jump to 4.51M when their new campus is complete)
IBM 1.45 Million sf
Amazon 1.46 Million sf (I am including their 855K sf warehouse as well as their under-construction Domain space in the total. I did not include Whole Foods)
Google 1.40 Million sf (I am including Block 185 and Saltillo in the total)
Oracle 1.33 Million sf (I am including their under-construction Phase II in the total)
Indeed 1.12 Million sf (I am including the under-construction Domain building plus a pending lease that is not public yet in the total)
Facebook 874K sf (I am including their under-construction Domain building in the total)
HomeAway 850K sf (I am including their under-construction Domain building in the total)

These totals include all of their leased & owned space, not just their official campuses. For example, Apple has a 4 building campus they own plus 5 leased buildings in northwest Austin, and they have 2 leased buildings in Southwest Austin. Google has their space in Downtown and now on the Eastside, but they also have a large leased space in northwest Austin at 7700 Parmer, etc.