View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK59 View Post
An amazing opportunity missed for downtown. Would have created an amazing atmosphere and revitalized the area with the stadium being in Point Douglas. What could have been Instead were stuck with the awful current location that myself and many people I know have basically abandoned the idea of going to more than once a year.
I would have liked it but the most valid point I thought raised was the fact the stadium wouldn't be used enough all year round to take up such a large area downtown. If they made it with the retractable roof or in some other way that would allow it to be used during the winter and for other events it could have worked but with the new convention centre, MTS Centre, etc it seems the market may get a little thin.

That being said, the current location is a bit of a deal breaker for me and my friends too, and we go to one game at most a year (if that). I feel trapped out there once game is over and when I go and find a disproportionately large part of the night is spent getting to and from the stadium.