View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
I agree with you & do not see this building as looking too suburban for the downtown core. The lower height means more width & length which fills that gap from the subway to the events centre. That walk right now is not appealing to most Monctonians, the area feels "unsafe" to people. Mostly this is fictionally in their minds, but put some shops, some modern lighting (like at the events centre) and tie that together with the plaza & suddenly this is one of the most vibrant areas of Moncton.

Also on the Crowne Plaza..I personally think its one of the ugliest buildings in Moncton. I love the sizing but it has aged poorly. New windows, paint, lighting and signage would go a long way though.
I think the "unsafe" feeling as you call it is not in there heads but mostly to do with the Homeless man who use to sit under the subway, and has assaulted people previously. I did see police pick him up. He does not seem to be mentaly well. Like most homeless but he seems more paranoid then the others who sit around Main street.