View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2015, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsell View Post
That’s great news that the old Cdn Tire store will be repurposed however I don’t really understand the business logic. In the article Mr. Collingwood stated that “ areas like Kenmount Road and Stavanger Drive are becoming very congested”…YES, they are congested with shoppers. I know that when I shop for furniture I’ll drop into three or four places in Kenmount Rd (including Leon’s) and Kelsey Dr in a single trip.
I suppose some positives of the new location will be better exposure and more parking. Baine Johnston has been in business long enough that I guess they know what they are doing. Looking forward to seeing a nice new shiny store!
From what I heard before, Baine Johnston owned the Woodgate Plaza which houses Leon's current location, but sold the building to Crombie REIT several years ago. Crombie, of course, is the owner of the Avalon Mall. Hopefully, the Avalon Mall will integrate these properties by joining the parking lots at least. Maybe this will be part of the "proposal" they said would be forthcoming, which includes realigning the mall entrance with Polina Road.