View Single Post
Old Posted May 13, 2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
Sort of reconsidering where I want to live in Austin when I move out there in January. Do you guys any recommended areas of where I should look at? I'm mainly looking for a modern, 1 bedroom apartment for under $1400. Anything that finished within the past 5 years would be ideal. Thanks in advance
welcome to Austin.

I would move the Domain first with an eye on downtown/central as you become established and hopefully make more money. In the meantime, you will meet a TON of friends and business connections.....if that is your thing.

I've given this advice to several clients who lived there for a few years, they met a ton of people, then bought/rented in the areas of town they really liked. In the meantime, you'll live in a vibrant "Austin-lite" area. It's not that bad, don't listen to the snobby haters, of which I consider myself one......I would never live up there. '04 fo life! But I would if I was new to town, in a New York second.

Traffic is not really that bad compared to real cities (LA, Houston, Dallas, etc) Just stay away from i-35 at ALL costs (not kidding), and avoid Mopac during rush hour....and you're good.