View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 25, 2015, 5:05 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNF View Post
Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to see this project happen, but I have the feeling the city will do whatever they can to fumble this and mess it up. Didn't they say they could make a decision 45 days after the proposal was submitted? Seems like they are taking their time. Really exciting projects here seem to die easily(streetcar, joske tower). I'm sure if it was a Walmart or tract homes in the suburbs it would be halfway built by now. Not saying I don't want this to work out, just saying that I'm not getting my hopes up.
The Joske Tower had its own issues. I know where you're coming from on the amount of time it's taking for this, but any developer, the City or not is going to make the decision that's right for them. If that means taking additional time to redevelop their plan, then that's what it will take. The exciting projects that seem to die do so because they aren't feasible. It happens everywhere. I'd much rather have a project delayed by three of four years if that means that it will be done right, for the right price and benefit each party involved.