Thread: Winnipeg Jets
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
I don’t disagree but I think the problem is who is going to want to buythem? Especially with an old arena way out in the burbs.
On Byfuglien, it looks increasingly like legal issues are involved hence the inability to comment. Doesn’t seem likely he will be back now regardless.
There was at least one group interested in buying the team and keeping them in Ottawa...also building that proposed development at Lebreton with a new arena and surrounding developments. Well capitalized group.

Melnyk claims the current location is fine but the reality is he does not have the capital to build the new arena. He wants someone else (the public) to pay for it. As long as Melnyk owns the team the team will remain at the Canadian Tire Centre.

I think Melnyk was given an offer for the team, and he refused...or perhaps it was the NHL that wouldn't approve an initial offer as it was too low? Gotta maintain the inflated value of franchises. I would have to look back at some of the articles published in the past half year.