View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 22, 2013, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I need to get a Free Press account so I can comment on these stories. Anyways..

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...228607411.html

So the fire hall report came out today. No criminal action was found they say.

Seems to me splitting up the overall contract of $15M into 4 contracts so they wouldn't be over the $10M is pretty shady. Collusion anybody? That's a crime. This is public money people! If you're a private business, do what you will. But this is public politics with public money!

I seen almost the exact thing happen a couple years ago in private industry. Guy had $50k signing authority. Project came over his table was almost $200k. So what happened? Split it into 4 contracts less than the $50k signing authority so he could give it to his buddies company. Guy got fired and arrested. Lost his pension plan, etc. etc. Company got charged by the RCMP. Still before the courts.

This is exactly what should happen to at least Sheegl and Shindico. I don't think this story is over just yet.
On top of the contract splitting, the bureaucrats handed the job to Shindico without following the proper process. If nothing else, the fact that this happened with Sheegl's knowledge is cause for termination, the city should fight his golden parachute severance.

There needs to be an investigation into Sheegl and Katz's dealings with Shindico to identify if contracts and $$$ from the City of Winnipeg somehow flowed back into further dealings with Sheegl and Katz or into their pockets.

The $10 million threshold for a deal to come to the council floor is also far too high.