View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2009, 2:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
Off campus beside the existing church. It is being called "West Campus Apartments". I don't think anything will be built on the UTSA side of Babcock (except the fire station) because there is a creek (Maverick Creek).

Another apartment complex is under construction off Vance Jackson beside the existing San Miguel Apartments. Then there is also the apartments under construction in The Rim off Vance Jackson. A lot of new apartments going in the area (14 since 2000!).

Plans call for graduate housing near the isolated Lot 13 off Valero. That may be the next on-campus housing we see break ground.
The new apts are "low-density," whatever that means.
The backyard of my childhood home abuts the lot. A bunch of people in the College Park neighborhood where I lived (and my folks still live) have objected to more apartments built there, but my parents love it. They think it makes a lot more sense than students still commuting in from the Medical Center and beyond. It will be served by the campus shuttle as well.

Flickr Blog Site