View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 30, 2007, 7:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmost View Post
So the sales tax around here is usually 8.25% or something close to that, yet some places around here will try to act as though with an extra value meal that's 5.25, that with tax it's 6.25, even though there's no way in hell there would be a full dollar's tax for something that's 5.25... (the correct amount would be 5.68 and not 6.25)

Which is how I feel about these calculations. Not only do I not believe them for a second, I don't believe them for half a second either.

Let's knock the height down some more, how about 100 more feet. For a building that's supposed to be 546' to the tip of the spire supposedly, does that mean every other building is ALMOST 100 feet shorter than what we've been led to believe. If not, why is that not the case with every other building. I can believe that maybe there's a 20-30 foot difference in any case with other buildings not being 100% to scale with the blueprints, but not when the difference is approaching the hundred mark (546'/457').

If that were the case with the JP Morgan Chase tower, well, it would only be around 910' feet, if it were the case with the Tower of the Americas, well, it would just be a 500 footer of one kind or another. This just in, Marriott Rivercenter, world's shortest building.

Hey, if the Grand Hyatt wasn't taller than the Marriott's roof then none of us would probably be wondering about the heights. If you look at my calculations, the other buildings didn't drop by 100 feet like you want to assume...they actually got a little taller. The Rivercenter dropped, whether it's really 100 feet or 10 feet I don't know, these are just my guesstimations using Live Local. You act as if I went into Emporis and changed the figures to mine or something. Chill man!