View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2010, 3:19 AM
Kicking it Viking style..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHiRO View Post
I would at least expected you to be knowledgable about your own domestic politics...guess not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_...uts_referendum
(hint: you will get your referendum before fall 2011).

5 years of claims and no referendum yet ( and no interest what so ever from the Government in one ) so lets see shall we

Quote:
And don't bullshit us about your politicians not daring to touch the subject, as Rasmussen himself said that Denmark is in fact already using the euro only you call it the kroner (which is true)
Rasmussen is long gone and the Krone is what it has always been.. the Danish currency controlled by the National Bank fully independent of the Euro and the European Central Bank

We are ( as I have informed you about many times ) getting our new note series these years ( from 9 to 11 ) - not especially pretty sadly, hopefully the next series will look better and be of polymer )
Quote:
Among other statements from all sorts of politicians. There most definately is a political debate, but I guess it is easy to deny if you are living in fantasyland.
A fantasy land where I have been right for 5 years now... maybe just maybe the dream of getting the Scandinavians onboard is clouding the vision of the southerners, because nothing have changed here... and you can see and as you will see in time

Quote:
Among your other delusions, you're also delusional about "southern Europe". Spain and Italy have very diverse economies at least on par with Denmark (not comparable though because Denmark is a small nation).
Greece has twice our population ( their's are comparable to Sweden ) so let's not start all those size excuses.. as for SPain and Italy those are brought up by you, but in many ways face the same problems..

Denmark came out of 2009 with the second higher surplus on record - Greece is going belly up screaming for help ( just as Portugal and many of the Eastern European nations are )..

Quote:
They are not "living of fruits and vegetables" anymore then Denmark is living of dairy products...
Nope but China and other Asian nations are taking their production, so what else is there? ( that was my question! )

Quote:
Where's Denmark's HSR or skyscraper?
HSR is in the works both to Germany ( who is halting it by not being willing to pay/build their part ) and across Samsø to Århus, but as our nation can be crossed in a matter of minutes by plane and nearly the same by train there isn't much of an interest ( as I'm sure you understand ) by those who have to pay ( it would basically be Europe's largest bridge project twice the scale of Femern )

BTW to be technical - the 180km/h we use is technically HSR by US standards

As for skyscrapers... well you didn't hear about our supertall project ( Thors Hammer??? ) 632m of pristine Danish design right smack in the middle of the habour!

( nah we'll see Scrapers the same year we'll see Euro's here... good luck to my grandchildren )

Anyways mate we have been trough this countless times over the years - I'm not about to go into another one of these..

So far it has followed my prediction - and if we give it another 5 years we can see it continues that way - personally I see no change in sight ( heck the left side ( former reds ) is close to taking government and they oppose it even more than the current government, but hey... time will tell

Have a nice night, it's about bedtime for me..

Last edited by FREKI; Feb 10, 2010 at 3:40 AM.