View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2016, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhattersLT View Post
I really hope this goes away. Height is fine but the width is terrible. Really gonna look awkward as hell.
I agree. Here's what I said about one of PMC's other project on the eastern side of Center City:

Width is becoming one of the styles or designs that PMC must go by. I said a while back that One Water St. was an obstacle to the eastern edge's skyline impact. One Water St. also takes away some of the best views of the Ben Franklin Bridge. Yes, you move one step to the left or one step to the right to see maybe half of the skyline. But I have a better idea: Why don't the architects design a structure built on roller skates to move the building left or right. (Please, you know that's sarcasm, I hope.)

Photo :Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post

[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by
mmikeyphilly;7183279
Oh no.
Just seeing this shot of One Water St. made me a little more cautious of a positive comment. Somehow I (now) think that having a "very low-rise" located in this location may have looked better. Or just the opposite, something VERY slender and MUCH taller. It's just at this height and girth it seems to block out much of the Philadelphia skyline at certain points. And the façade being just "ok" or "Meh", well I may be premature in making a decision if this will really be a "positive". Somehow or other even the Bridge may have looked better without an intruding neighbor.
Sooooo.....PMC has managed to ruin the views on the eastern edge of town, AND it looks like they're on their way to messing up the views on the western edge of town too.
OH...and let's not forget they own the land property to probably destroy what was once the River's Edge project.
OH....and remember 1900 Arch ? need I say more?

2400 Market is going to be an eyesore, and that will be sad. Maybe they can retrofit with roller skates on the base of the building.