View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlav74 View Post
I'm also surpised that Kerrville isn't considered/included to form a SA-NB-Kerrville CSA or something along those lines. The commuting patterns support it as you outlined above. Maybe w/ a small glimmer of hope, the Census Bureau recognizes it and makes the appropriate update(s).
I looked at the exact numbers awhile back, and I'm thinking the percentage was above the 15% needed for consensual inclusion as a CSA (i.e., if representatives of both Kerrville and SA decided to form an SA-Kville CSA), but less than the 25% needed for automatic inclusion by the OMB.

A lot of it will likely hinge on the growth of Boerne as an employment center, since its the closest town to Kerrville with an appreciable number of jobs. As a former resident, I know Kerrville itself is a pretty self-contained area despite identifying with SA on a regional level, and SA (city) is a bit too far for most people to stomach a daily commute between the two cities. If Boerne keeps growing like crazy then its likely more people will live in Kerrville and work in Boerne or vice-versa.