View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 8:21 PM
Fourth and Main

Image Credit

Important Meeting on Wednesday, March 28! Open to the Public!

If you love the streetcar proposal and want to know more, be sure to attend the Community Open House in the Central Library (660 W. Fifth Street) at 5 p.m. Learn about past studies on this project, as well as the current study process and schedule, goals, route options and vehicle types to be considered. Exhibit boards will show possible routes and other graphics. You can talk to the city's staff and ask questions at this event, so be sure to attend. The city will have someone there until 7 to talk to. You may want to suggest a line to the ballpark? The current study, started in February 2012, is a detailed evaluation of various route and vehicle options, as well as a look at regional connections, growth management, economic development and costs. If you would like to know more about this event, contact Stan Polanis at (336)747-6867 or e-mail him at stanp@cityofws.org I do expect to see newspaper articles and TV news stories on the streetcar Thursday. If you do attend, please share what you learned. ..I can't attend. I'm in another state.