View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeCourtland View Post
I'm involved in the neighborhood association and saw a presentation on this project. I'm pretty sure this is the one being built to house the residents of the nearby Aurora, which now houses budget-constrained senior citizens. Every former Aurora resident will receive an apartment--at the same rate--in the new building. (This is a condition under which the owner purchased the Aurora.) That will make space for a full rehabilitation of the Aurora into a high-end historical hotel--which it once was. It sounds like a great project. The Aurora is such a beautiful building, and I love that the owner is building the new high-rise right next door to make sure former residents don't lose their homes or their community. I think the neighborhood will fully support this project. It seems to be planned in just the right way.
That IS great and wonderful news!
The Aurora Building is beautiful and should get restored to what it once was, a beautiful high end hotel near downtown!!
The Bushnell Building, however, built in 1926, I believe around the same years the Aurora Building was built, was never a hotel and was San Antonio's first luxury apartment building. The Bushnell Building has always housed apartments. At one point, they did try and go condo, but that fell through for some reason or another. Just a little of San Antonio history.....
I just love how the developer is thinking about the tenants at the Aurora.
A VERY GOOD piece of GOOD NEWS in this STRANGE, CRAZY world we are currently living in today!!!!
A toast to these GOOD DEVELOPERS!!!