View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I see so the smoker of portage place also harass people for change all day? And female students are particularly vulnerable to being asked for change? I can't imagine the horror the female students face considering the campus is a block away.

I've worked downtown for over a decade and commuted through downtown years prior to university. I have literally never felt unsafe by anyone who has asked me for change. I politely decline and they move on. The problem with downtown isn't the impoverished, it's people like you who assume anyone who is impoverished or asks for change is also a criminal looking to attack everyone and anyone.
Why do you decline? I actually give them some change if I can. Anwyays, stop making accusations. I personally know people that have been robbed downtown and harrased, including my little sister who is a student at UW. Like it or not there is a problem in downtown Winnipeg and denying it doesn't help anyone. There is a reason why people now have to be searched entering the god damn library!

Video Link

Another incident.
Quote:
Teen robbed, pepper sprayed outside Portage Place in broad daylight
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...lace-1.4846899