View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 1:42 PM

I do think a point that has been missed is the "walkability" that this location offers. I can totally envision that the potential residents of that building will be attracted to it because of its proximity to University, Hospitals (3 of them...Uni, Children's and City) and Downtown. So, although most if not all of the owners will have cars, I honestly believe that MANY in this building will choose active transportation to get to and from their destinations. There is a great bike storage/secure area planned in this project, too.

We moved to the Varsity View area from the burbs for the main purpose of living in a walkable neighborhood. We have realized that over the last year and half with our car staying parked in our garage the majority of the time. I believe this could be the same for this new building, reducing the traffic concerns of many.

This will be an interesting project to follow,as so many of Saskatoon's major infill projects are getting quite a significant push back from local residents. Meridian has already stated they will never do another project that requires re-zoning based on their experiences with projects on Broadway (LUXE and Escala). I hope that is not the precedent that will be established after this project! And with Urban Capital's project on the board for a public meeting, it is important for those that support these kind of projects to get out and let your voices be heard!