View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
Thanks for making this a new thread.

I don’t understand how climate change is a politically partisan discussion. What is it about Conservative voters that makes them disagree with science?

I understand it if you believe there are better solutions. So then let’s hear them and talk about where they have worked before.

I do not understand believing you are qualified to contradict 99.9% of the scientists on earth. How is that a Conservative ideal? I don’t get it. What else do you think you know better than qualified scientists?
I notice on the main Canada board some forum members frequently post studies/stats that appear to contradict global warming and its consequences. One example that comes to mind is a graph with statistics of forest fires in North America - more acreage burned in the early 20th Century then the present - which appears to contradict evidence that forest fires are increasing in intensity and are the worst we have ever experienced in recorded history.

Alternative facts became a popular phrase a few years ago. Maybe certain parties will start touting alternative science.