View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 6, 2009, 5:13 AM
low-riding

From the AC Comp thread

1:
Tower 1 is real tall. It looks shorter than it is because its so long. But from a distance (Trump Marina Parking structure) you can tell that it is taller than the Trump Taj Ambassador Tower and about even with the Chairman's tower. The parking stucture for Revel is virtually done, the podium on Oriental Ave is massive. Towers over the tiny 1 family houses on (i think it was Metropolitan). the boardwalk frontage is equal to the frontage of Taj Mahal and Showboat combined. Really large and all wavy reflective glass. There isn't anything like this anywhere else on the boardwalk. Im actually not sure if im a big fan of it. When the sun hits it directly in the sunrise it should be awe inspiring.

Tower 2 has stopped. It hasn't risen at all since the last time i was down in AC in early September. It was a bad choice to even start that tower in my opinion. Wait until you are up and running before you start a second. Borgata waited a couple years before Waterclub came along. That seems to be the better way. Hell look how long it took Taj Mahal to get a second tower. Anyways, im sure that decision will be scrutinized. It was a fun trip, even if I got stopped by the cops for running across Brigantine Ave between Trump Marina and Borgata. They were not jerks, they were polite and were just doing their job. They thought i was taking pics of the bridges instead of the hotels. In my defense though, it AC had built crosswalks or even sidewalks between those three hotels, i would have gladly used them. anyways, gonna go clean up pics and post.

2.Revel-Part 1 of 3

From a distance
From the Borgata

From Harrahs

From Trump Marina

The tower is taller than Taj's Ambassador tower and running even with the new Chairman's tower