View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 9:25 PM
devout Pizzatarian

well, on top of working his way up the political ladder to the cook county board, it looks like Chuy Garcia was also able to raise a fine young man of a son.

and by "fine young man", i mean "piece-of-shit gangbanger".

Quote:
Garcia backed county deal with firm that gave son free legal defense
Posted: 02/08/2015, 08:33pm | Dan Mihalopoulos

In July 2012, the Cook County Board approved a $100 million bond deal, handing the job of bond counsel on the deal to the law firm Mayer Brown LLP.

As a member of the county board, Jesus “Chuy” Garcia co-sponsored the measure, which gave the plum job of representing the county in the deal to the politically connected Chicago law firm.

Garcia — who’s now one of four challengers seeking to unseat Mayor Rahm Emanuel in the Feb. 24 city election — supported Mayer Brown despite a personal connection to the firm involving his adult son Samuel Garcia. Court records show Samuel Garcia had been arrested in 2007 on a felony charge, accused of attacking two off-duty police officers on the South Side — and lawyers from the downtown law firm represented him in the criminal case for free.

Attorney Marc Kadish of Mayer Brown said he and two younger lawyers he supervised at the firm represented Samuel Garcia in the case for roughly three years, from shortly after his arrest through his trial in 2010. Kadish said he could not determine what it would have cost to pay for the legal services provided for free to Samuel Garcia.

[snip]

In the earlier case, Garcia and a second man were arrested on June 24, 2007, at 4218 W. Ogden, accused of aggravated assault with a gun, knife or other dangerous weapon and criminal damage to property.

According to a police report, Garcia, apparently referring to his street-gang affiliation, “shouted, ‘Two-Six motherf – - – - – -, we’re gonna f – - – you up,’ while holding a hammer.”

The police said Garcia then threw the steel-headed hammer and his co-defendant tossed an aluminum baseball bat at a car in which two off-duty officers sat.

Garcia “freely stated after he was read his rights, ‘I’m glad that car belonged to a cop. I wish I could have f – - – - – it up more,” according to court records.

[snip]

In the February 2013 case, he tried to crash into the car of an off-duty officer while flashing gang signs and yelling a racial slur, according to a police report that said he shouted, “F – - – you n – - – a king killa b – - – -.”

When the officer identified himself as a Chicago cop and unzipped his jacket to reveal his blue uniform, Garcia replied, “I don’t give a f – - – if you CPD. CPD killa n – - – a,” records show.

At one point in the confrontation, Garcia pulled over, exited his vehicle and threw a cup of an unidentified liquid at the officer before speeding away, according to the police, before eventually coming to “a sudden stop” at 3932 W. 31st, getting out of his car and placing his hand on his waistband, “motioning as [if] having a gun.”

“I don’t give a f – - – who you are. I’ll shoot your a – -!” he said, according to the police.

The arrest report in that case said Garcia “is a self-admitted member of the Two-Six street gang (Darkside faction)” — a Hispanic gang that is a rival of the Latin Kings.

full article: http://chicago.suntimes.com/news-chi...ree-legal-help

Last edited by Steely Dan; Feb 9, 2015 at 9:57 PM.