View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
But when are the ever done with quality materials? That's the problem. 10 Rittenhouse is a grave example. You had a renowned architect and the most prime piece of real estate and the builders STILL could not justify using quality materials. And as I've said before, this city is graced by hundreds of genuine historic buildings and when you put up a copycat with junk materials, it stands out as a fake very easily.

Getting back on topic, are the renderings in the December articles still correct? I thought that the Qdoba building on the corner was certified historic and could not be torn down. That must affect the design in one way or another. Don't get me started on why this building is even protected!
10 Rit used quality materials. It's just dubious from a design standpoint. A bit of a Franken building, though not close to the level of Symphony House. This and the Mormon Tower look like they will be nice in a more classical style. I'd be surprised if Mormon Tower was not quality and think we have a good shot here with Pearl as well.