View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 3:29 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post
As Charles Barkely says "dirty little creek"
How many more dirty little creeks we need in downtown!
I take the Stadium any day! I just got back from St. Louis and visited Cardinal Nation. The little town next to the stadium which is a restaurant/bar area that caters to the stadium. It was like the Pearl with a baseball theme right by the stadium. It was alive and full of life. The stadium would do better then another canal. The connection from the creek to the river doesn't have to happen.
Fully agree. This 'connection' is such a waste of space IMO. I fully feel like you could make street/sidewalk level improvements with signage guiding folks to the riverwalk and creek while also encouraging businesses at street level to open via zoning (coffee shops, restaurants etc) instead of sinking millions into what amounts to a lower level sidewalk with water next to it. This would be bisecting some prime downtown land. Say what you want about those terrible no good rich people, but a baseball stadium downtown would be a MUCH more efficient use of this space and bring MORE people to the downtown core, further boosting businesses there. A sidewalk absolutely does not do this. If there is another spot downtown for a stadium thats suitable, sweet. But bisecting prime property like this reduces the options for other uses say higher density development etc.