View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
I really like certain elements of it. I like how they break the design up into three sections, which they talk about in the pdf. The first 7-8 floors is sort of at the "human scale", there is a break there, then the next 12ish floors is in the general height of several of the other buildings in the area, then it tops out as a new tallest, though it won't stick out like a sore thumb. Grade is probably a few feet higher than where the Wells Fargo tower is, and as we've talked about before, the 422 feet of the Wells Fargo tower is a little suspect, in that only some of the stuff sticking out of the roof get that high, with the roof being around 400 (if memory serves), so I actually think this tower would look significantly taller. Dave, I think 350 is the top of the pyramid on One Utah Center, it's that Wells Fargo building roof is actually shorter than advertised. The façade materials are fine, nothing special but not horrible either. Overall I like it. Fingers crossed it gets built!
The roof of the Wells Fargo Building is one level below the upper level helipad structure. So, I think the 422' is to the top of that structure. You have to keep in mind that the southern end of Wells Fargo is probably a good 15 to 20 feet lower than the northern end of the One Utah Center tower, due to the slope of Main Street. So, it only appears to be about 50 feet higher rather than 70 feet taller.